At ESI BIO, we share passion, determination, and scientific expertise - join us!Are you looking to enjoy the fast-paced and entrepreneurial atmosphere of a startup? We would love to hear from you. We greatly value that very rare combination of passion, determination, scientific expertise, and a desire to work in a field that contributes to the reduction of human suffering.
At ESI BIO, we value experience in a wide variety of fields. The ideal candidate would be familiar with primary and stem cell culture, standard molecular biology as well as, software development, marketing, and computer science.
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, along with a cover letter describing why you are passionate about stem cell research.
Job Title: Lab Manager/ Research Technician
Hours: Part-Time (~20-25 hrs/week)
Start Date: August 2014
Reports To: Sr. Scientist
Department: R&D, ESI BIO
Location: La Jolla, CA
Lab Manager/ Research Technician, La Jolla, CA, US
Job Description Summary
Responsible for day-to-day operation of the laboratory facilities. Main duties consist of ordering and receiving supplies, maintenance of laboratory equipment, ensuring lab is compliant with safety and occupational standards, and assistance with lab budget and spend. Secondarily, this individual will be expected to provide technical assistance as it relates to stem cell product development, contributing as needed to R&D, Manufacturing, and/or Quality Control.
- Bachelors degree in a Biological Science.
- 0-2 years of relevant lab management experience.
- 1-2 years of research experience in the biological sciences.
- Proficiency with standard aseptic cell culture techniques.
- Strong skills in organization, attention to detail, and communication.
- 2+ years research experience in molecular, cell, or stem cell biology.
- 2+ years relevant experience in lab management.
- Experience with standard molecular biology techniques including cloning, DNA, RNA and protein work.
- Experience with culture of human ES and iPS cells. Knowledge of basic principles of stem cell biology.
- Excellent organizational skills including the ability to efficiently evaluate, prioritize, and handle multiple administrative and research-related tasks.
- Solid computer software skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Photoshop.
- Outstanding work ethic, highly motivated, proactive, and willing to work as part of a matrix teams in a fast-paced, start-up environment.
Essential Duties Summary
- Inventory, order and receive lab supplies.
- Prepare packages for domestic and international shipping.
- Prepare and maintain laboratory stock solutions, culture plates, sterile consumables and glassware.
- Ensure proper function of laboratory equipment and scheduling of service when necessary.
- Maintain and ensure integrity of central lab documents.
- Maintain a clean, organized, and safe laboratory environment.
- Ensure compliance with biosafety and occupational standards.
- Recommend measures to improve lab operations and reduce costs.
- Assist with general accounting and lab budgeting.
- Assist in writing and revising technical documents including standard operating procedures, QC/QA documents, project reports, and scientific presentations.
- Technical assistance with molecular biology and cell culture over time.
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule (including weekends and holiday commitments) based on facility and research needs.
The work required for this position is to be performed onsite in a formal laboratory and office environment.